While it may be tempting to place assessment responsibilities on just one or two faculty in your department, there is significant benefit to involving all faculty in the process.
Why should we involve all faculty in assessment?
- Sharing responsibilities lightens the load for everyone
- It promotes dialogue on your program's mission and goals
- It creates a sustainable model for ongoing assessment - the assessment can move forward even if someone leaves the university or goes on sabbatical
How can faculty engage with assessment?
- Create rotating committees that will focus on assessment activities
- Delegate different responsibilities to various faculty
- Incorporate discussions on assessment into faculty meetings